Monday, January 20, 2014

Here we are

Happy 2014.

It's not too late to reflect is it?

Here we are settled into a new city, moved in a new house and I feel like I am just (5 months later) soaking it all in.  Work, weddings, and traveling have been good distractions in some ways, it was lonely here for a bit.

2013 was full of big, life-changing events. In fact, when I think about every year for the past 5, I have had a big life-changing event. Moving from Atlanta to Birmingham to Durham, graduating with my masters, getting married, buying a home, and on and on and on. I'm looking forward to 2014 just being about getting settled, taking it all in, no major life changes (hint: we're not having children this year). We do have big travel plans and house projects on the horizon which has been so fun to plan with J. It's my favorite time to spend with him, working on something together.

Some things I learned in 2013:

1. Don't rush, don't keep up, enjoy life at your own pace and respect your partner's pace
2. Corrector is a necessary step in concealing... (changed my life for real)
3. Always keep your home bar stocked. It's so nice just to whip up a mid week cocktail when needed.
4. As a novice vegetarian, pizza is always an option mid-week when you don't feel like julienning 10 squash.
5. Let your husband design and build his man cave, it gives you the rest of the house for "pale" pink pillows and mirrored tables. Win.

For now, I'm off to make blood orange everything, move all the furniture around while J is in NYC and snuggle with Mia until Spring.




No comments:

Post a Comment